How to Use HikVision CCTV App iVMS-4200 on PC (Updated in Jan 2018)
Keywords: CCTV Camera, Hikvision, IP Camera, NVR, DVR, iVMS-4200, CMS, Content Management Software
These instructions are meant for use of iVMS-4200 (Version 2.xx.xx) on Laptop and Desktops which run Windows operating system. Mac users may also find the settings similar, but the interface may look slightly different. If you want to set the app on your mobile phone, please refer to the instructions of how to use iVMS-4500.
For all the Hikvision CCTV devices (DVR/NVR/IP Cameras) you have purchased from SafeTrolley.com, you can easily view the live, or replay footage, change the settings, do the configurations online, using browsers, or our dedicated Content Management Software. Here is the instruction on how to set up the iVMS-4200 from Hikvision on your Laptop or Desktops which run Windows Operating system.
1. Download the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software here. If you are our customer, you should already be given the necessary information to start the configuration.
2. Install the iVMS-4200 by following the on screen steps.
3. After installing the software, double click to run the software. If you are asked to register an account to use the software, just do it. It is only for the software usage, has nothing to do the CCTV / DVR / NVR / IP Cameras itself. So any new user name and new password will be okay. You are advised to choose the “Auto Login” for your future convenience.
4. Skip the Wizard by click “Cancel”.
5. Click “Device Management”
6. Enter the information which we will give you, something like below. Click "Add" after all the information has been entered. You should be able see the serial number of the device shown up if all information is correct.
7. To watch the Live View, click "Control Panel", followed by “Main View”. After that, double click the DVR/NVR/IP Cameras you want to view, you should be able to watch the live views now
8. To replay the video records, click "Control Panel", followed by “Remote Playback”. After that, choose the start & end time, double click the DVR/NVR/IP Cameras you want to replay the video records, you should be able to replay the video records now.
9. If you want to change the password of the DVR/NVR/IP Camera, go to “Device Management”. Select the device, then click “Remote Configuration”.