Resetting the password of a DVR/NVR system is important to ensure the security of the device and the recorded footage. The Hik-Connect app provides a convenient way to reset the password of a Hikvision DVR/NVR system remotely. Here are the steps to reset the password of a DVR/NVR system via the Hik-Connect app:
- Open the Hik-Connect app on your smartphone and login to your account.
- Tap on the “Me” tab at the bottom of the app screen
- Tap on the “Reset Device Password”
- Scan the QR code on the local device’s GUI
- You will be shown a “Reset Code”.
- Enter the reset code on the local device’s GUI page.
- You will be prompted to enter the old password and the new password.
- All Done!
Note: It is important to keep the new password safe and secure to prevent unauthorized access to the DVR/NVR system. Also, it is recommended to use a strong and unique password that is not easily guessable.
Video guide can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jk0ZTmpO2Y