Now you have the CCTV security cameras installed at your home, and you are able to watch the live view on your iPhone, Android phone, iPad, etc. What else you might need to do? Well, the first thing we advise: change your CCTV system password. Here are steps on how to change it. For security concerns, we might not be very specific on details. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, or connect with us remotely, we will be able to help you.
If you are using Hikvision DVR, NVR, IP Camera, you can refer here: how to change the password of the Hikvision DVR, NVR, IP Camera on iVMS-4500.
If you are using Dahua XVR, NVR, IP Camera, you can refer here: How to Change Password for Dahua XVR, NVR, IP Camera on iDMSS or gDMSS .
1) Login to your CCTV system via computer browser (Chrome, Firefox, or IE), or the CMS software you have installed.
2) If you log in using browser, go to “configuration” -> “System” -> “User Management”, you will see user details over there.
3) Select the user you want to modify, and change the password by clicking “Modify”. Remember to click “Ok” after you have changed the password.
4) If you log in using CMS software, go to “Device Management”. Select the device in there, and click “Remote Configuration”.
5) Click “User” on the left side. Then select the user you want to modify, and change the password by clicking “Modify”. Remember to click “Save” after you have changed the password.
6) You are done! Please remember to update the password in the CMS software, and in the SafeTrolley CCTV App of your mobile devices. Here is the instruction on how to configure your app on mobile devices.
7) Last by not least. Please remember your new password.. It is a bit troublesome to reset this admin password, if you have forgotten it.